Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Grand Lebowski Invite

What? The Big Lebowski at the Grand Illusion Cinema. The places is ours for the afternoon to enjoy this old favorite on the big screen. Also! Special bonus! We'll be screening "Third Days Child" - the popular short from the Scifi shorts film festival by local filmmaker SJ Chiro. If you missed out then, this is your chance to see it!

When? Sunday, March 21st. 1-4pm.

Where? The Grand Illusion Cinema is in the U District at 1403 Northeast 50th Street

Why? As you know if you've been reading this blog, I've signed up for the crazy challenge of climbing up Mount Kilimanjaro in September and raising money for a British charity called Volunteer Services Overseas (http://www.vso.org.uk/) on the way. The money I'm raising is going to fund projects such as HIV education efforts and giving people the knowledge and tools to build secure livelihoods.


Cost? Well, like I just said this is a fundraiser! Tickets are just $5 if you come wearing a bathrobe, or $7 if you don't. Donations beyond that are very welcome and very appreciated as the proceeds are going to charity.

Snacks? Free popcorn comes with your ticket! You're welcome to bring any other snacks you want.

Drink? You're also welcome to bring drinks. I would love to find a few people willing to donate vodka and/or coffee liqueur to the cause of having white russians on hand for the event. Please let me know - if we can procure the ingredients without eating into the proceeds, I'll make sure there are white russians there.

Anything else? As this is a fundraiser I'm trying to fill every seat, because every ticket sold means more money going to the charity. So PLEASE RSVP. Tell your friends! Tell their friends! Just let me know how many people are coming since their are only 70 seats in the cinema. If you learn you can't make it, please let me know so I can try to get someone else into your seat.

TL;DR? Big Lebowski at the Grand Illusion, in support of a great cause. Tickets are $5 or $7 depending on your attire and come with popcorn. If you can donate booze, let me know. RSVP and tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment