Thursday, February 18, 2010

Goals at the gym

I jogged a mile straight!


That's right, I have already met my first goal. What I had always seen as a huge challenge actually proved to be totally attainable, faster than I thought once I was actually motivated enough to do it. Of course that means now that I have reached the arbitrary goal I had set for myself as a marker of being at least vaguely in shape enough to actually get in shape, I probably need to figure out a more rigorous and goal-oriented training plan.
On a side note, I found the scale at the gym, and while this is not my primary goal I do want to lose at least 15 pounds. That's not entirely un-Kilimanjaro related. The porters won't be carrying my extra flab up the hill, so it's definitely in my best interest on that one.

Metrics:
Miles jogged: 1 continuously, 1.6 total
Miles biked: 1.25 uphill
Inclined crunches: 50

No comments:

Post a Comment