Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gym 2: Electric Bugaloo - also Bon Jovi!

Surprisingly good workout today. It was supposed to be workout #3 but other things came up on Thursday and I let it slide. Just goes to show even early in the training schedule, when enthusiasm is high, I can't be lax about making myself go.

But today went very well. I created a new Pandora station to make sure I have the right motivating tunes, and I got all the machines to do what I wanted them to. More importantly, I ran 3/4 of a mile, then walked .1, then ran another 3/4 of a mile. This was shocking to me. I think in the last ten years or so I have maybe been able to jog a mile straight just 2 or 3 times, and if I recall correctly I threw up afterwards. So while for some such a small distance isn't even worth mentioning, to me, getting anywhere near that is huge.

That means I have my first goal in my training schedule: run a mile, straight.

Metrics for today:
Distance run without stopping: 3/4 mile. Total, 1.6 miles
Miles biked: 1.5, but "uphill"

As I get into more weights into my regimen I might start to add metrics around weights/reps, but for now I don't have enough consistency in the program to make that meaningful.

Also! I'm giving away Bon Jovi tickets for next Saturday's show. Contact me if you're interested!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love it if you could share that motivational mix with me. I've got a few pounds that need an eviction notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emailed! Hope it works for you too. I just couldn't workout as well to the mellow bluegrass and indie rock that it was otherwise playing for me on my normal stations.

    ReplyDelete