Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Conspicuous lack of gym post here

I started this week thinking the working out was going great but very apprehensive about the fundraising. However, as the week has progressed, people have repeatedly proven their generosity, and I'm farther along on that front than I ever hoped to be by now. I'm also finalizing details for an upcoming Pub Quiz and an upcoming movie night (Big Lebowski, in a theater, white russians and bathrobes welcome, anyone?). So that front is going swimmingly!

But it's already Wednesday evening and I haven't had a single workout this week- I wanted to establish Tuesday and Thursday + 1 weekend day as my default workout days, knowing the importance of routine in making things happen. Those are also the days that Judy is in class until late. But Tuesday had too many things going on so I told myself Wednesday would do. Now it's Wednesday evening and once more I'm telling myself "tomorrow." I know that things will come up, but I need to find a way of not letting that totally derail my workout routine or this will simply not work. It is both good and bad that time is on my side, in this sense.

I found out an old coworker has trekked up Kilimanjaro. I look forward to talking to him on Friday for a more personal account of how to prepare and what to expect.

1 comment:

  1. It can be hard to get into a workout routine, especially if you're busy...On days when I can't bring myself to go to the gym, I try to do some simple bodyweight exercises at home like crunches and push-ups. Sun Salutations can be good, too.

    ReplyDelete