Monday, March 22, 2010

Wardrobe Fail

I've been failing at hitting the gym. Spending all my energy thinking about the fundraising and being lazy on the physical stuff. So between that and the fact that I'm going to be benched for a few days after I get my wisdom tooth out on Thursday (dentist's orders), it seemed pretty important I go today.

I'm trying to start being prepared to just go straight after work. It seems like a better model for success. So today I packed up some clothes and bused straight to the gym after work. That's when the realization of wardrobe fail started:

1) No sports bra. Whoops.
2) One of my gym socks had a hole in it that was basically my entire heel.
Either one of these can make a workout pretty uncomfortable but I went for it anyway and was pleasantly surprised that it didn't matter too much.
3) I started jogging an realized that despite my efforts to tighten the drawstring, my shorts really just wanted to fall off. It was a lot of hitching things up, tucking things in, and other desperate attempts at modesty over the course of my jog.
4) As I was considering the multiple points of wardrobe fail while jogging on the treadmill, my shoelace came untied. Since stopping and starting sucks way more than it really should, I just kept going.

Nothing terrible. More amusing than anything. I'll do better at bringing the right stuff next time.

March gym visits: 4 March hikes: 1
Miles run: 1.25
Crunches: 60

No comments:

Post a Comment