Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Grand Lebowski was this afternoon. By my reckoning we had 39 people, mostly in bathrobes and raised $499.22 (don't ask me how we got 22 cents). So I made 8% of my target just over the course of this afternoon. Plus the reactions I heard from people were generally positive, so unless people were just being polite I hope that means everyone had a good time. The lesson here is that alcohol tie ins are key.
I was very unsure going in how many people would show up. The end result was that almost everyone who promised to show up did and everyone who said they might show up didn't. This is a valuable lesson for planning for next time.

Speaking of next time, based on the success of today I would indeed like to do a next time. I had a quick poll before the movie started and these seem to be the most popular movies:

-Army of Darkness
-Hedwig and the Angry Inch (singalong)
-Star Wars

Anyone care to sway the vote one way or the other?

As the exchange rate keeps fluctuating I will hold all my offline proceeds in dollars until it's actually time to send it out to VSO so I have a better idea of what the actual relevant exchange rate is. The "Offline Fundraising" on my VSO page is thus just an estimate:
Current total funds raised offline in USD is
499.22: big lebowski
100: u2 tickets
174: pub quiz

No comments:

Post a Comment