Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Cleaning for charity

Get rid of your unwanted stuff and help me raise money for charity! Here's the idea - spring is coming, or, if the cherry blossoms are to be believed, already here. It's time to clean out the house and, for a surprising number of you, a time to move.

What does that mean? That means you've got a ton of stuff that you want to get rid of. Some of that stuff is probably even worth money to someone else, but it might not be worth your time to find that person.

Hence my Biggest Garage Sale Ever fundraiser!

Namely, I'm accepting donations of used items in resellable condition (and conceivably resellable merit), and I'll do the legwork to try to find a buyer. With the power of the internet, used book stores, used clothing stores, and the good old garage sale, I'll try to turn all the stuff you're desperate to get rid of into charity money for VSO. And if I can't find anyone to buy it, I'll just turn around and donate it to charity.

You get an emptier closet. I raise funds for charity. Someone else gets the item they've always been looking for at probably a good deal. Charity organizations still get reasonable donations.
Everyone's a winner!

I'm accepting donations now and will continue to do so for the next several months so if you think you'd be interested in donating stuff let me know. Bear in mind though that I have to weigh transit costs versus the value of the item - if I have a chance of getting $5 for your desk and I definitely have to spend $30 on a UHAUL to get it, then while I really appreciate your generosity I will probably have to decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment