Saturday, May 15, 2010

Yard Sale Success

Today was the Wallingford Yard Sale (a route of houses, heavily advertised, with yard sales raising money for John Stanford School) so naturally I took advantage of the day when everyone would be yard saling to have my own. I've been steadily trying to sell all your generous donations via used goods stores, craigslist, etc, but today was all about the standard yard sale. And what a beautiful day to sit around drinking tea, reading a book, and selling stuff to passers by.

It went great! One early buyer got my hopes up with lots of purchases, making me quite apprehensive when things slowed down heavily until lunch time, but around lunch we made most of our sales in a couple hours. That included one woman from Argentina who basically bought me out of all the donated tiny sizes of women's clothing from my mom and Noha.

All told just today I raised over $187 by reselling stuff that other people were trying to get rid of anyway! I also still have a bunch of stuff left, and plan to get more donations from people as they're moving/cleaning out their spaces so I hope to do at least one more. In other words, it is not too late donate to the garage sale efforts. I've raised over $380 from reselling donated items. Continued huge thanks to everyone who has been funneling things to me, and please keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment