Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Two miles

I kicked off April with a gym visit on Easter Sunday. And I passed my next big milestone.

I ran TWO miles straight! I can confidently say I've never done that before. Ever. And moreover, I stopped partly because I was getting bored and mostly because I really had to get going to make it to a potluck. I can see the mental block is the next big thing for me to work on, but it feels pretty awesome to be able to do a thing I've never been able to do, and have it not actually seem that hard at all.

Though where the boredom is concerned, my newfound habit of listening to This American Life while working out is really working out well as it's giving me something interesting and external to focus on.

Also did a walk around Greenlake Monday evening with an old friend from high school, who is doing Team In Training and wanted to catch up in a format that was a little healthier and more in keeping with our training schedules than going out for a pint or two.

That being said, I should have gone to the gym tonight and didn't. <_<

April gym visits: 1
Long walks: 1

This visit-
Miles run: 2
Chest Press: 10 @ 45 lbs, 20@30 lbs
Leg Curl: 15 @ 105 lbs, 15@90 lbs
Leg Extension: 20@ 60 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment